Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What's on tap?

My brain left idle produces some pretty awesome results.

Saturday I was headed to a BBQ and in search of something to bring.

I haven't baked in a while. Maybe I should whip up some brownies or some shit. Ehhhh, I'm not really a "brownie" type of girl. Maybe I should just bring a bunch of bourbon.

...................................................................................................
Waaaaaaaiiiiitttt a minute.

Holy BALLS why haven't I thought of this sooner?!?!


BOURBON BROWNIES.

Can we say AWESOME?!

OK, so here's what I did to get some pretty flattering reviews.

Buy this:








Bake as directed only don't reserve any of the crust. Just put it all on the bottom of the pan.

Once your brownies are baked remove them from the oven and grab a fork. Jam the fork down (Yes that's an official cooking term, thank you very much) into the brownie, spacing about an inch apart each time you jam.


Now, while the cake is still hot, pour yourself a glass of bourbon. Drink said bourbon, but reserve about a 1/4 of a cup.

Using a spoon, drip bourbon (I used Jim Beam) alllll ooooover the cake. In the holes, down the side... OMG Everywhere!

Let cool.

While that's cooling... put half of this container:




into a bowl. Add 5-10 tablespoons of VANILLA VODKA.


Then plug in your electric mixer and whip the living shit out of it.



Once your brownies are cooled frost a thin layer of your vanilla vodka infused frosting over the top of them. Place in refrigerator to cool.



While the badass frosted brownie concoction is cooling, squeeze about half of the contents of this:





into a bowl. Add a few glugs of bourbon. (Glug is also a official cooking term)

Then stir until you reach the consistency of a glaze.

Remove cooled brownies and drizzle the awesomey-chocolatey-bourboney glaze all over the top. Place back in refrigerator to cool.

Now, I'm well aware that this probably looks like I was just bored and rummaging through my pantry while drinking and had a happy accident....

But I assure you, if you serve these (or make them just for yourself and indulge in all the chewy, marshmellowey, bourbon-vodka HYBRID BROWNIE GOODNESS!) You will not be disappointed.

And THAT my peeps is what's on tap in my brain.





Special thanks to Betty, Jim and Duncan. I couldn't have done it without you guys.