Friday, June 3, 2011

A balls out Sunday.

This last Sunday was made of magic glittery unicorns.

It was a cold, rainy day. I woke up around ten to let the dogs out. We peed, then got in bed together for a solid 3 hours of nothing but snuggles, Oregon Trail and wet noses.

I made it to Fort Bridger with 4 of my 5 members.
Let's all now take a moment of silence for Timothy, whom died of dysentery.

...............................................................................................................

The dogs and I were starving by one.
We made it to the couch for Spicy nacho Doritos and half of a left over breakfast burrito from the night before.

I decided to make something of myself and shower.
I dicked around on my guitar for a while. Learned half of two new songs.
Had myself a beer.
Then the husband and I met up with his youngest brother (s).

The 4 of us headed to the driving range to hit a bucket of balls.
The driving range is just like swimming. You're always hungry after, so it only made sense to hit up one of my favorite spots.

THE OAKS.

The Oaks is a tiny, bitchin' little joint up Ogden canyon. It sits right along the river and has outside dining. The weather totally sucked so we dined indoors but it was still awesome nonetheless. There was a live band playing everything from The Eagles to Nirvana.

The boys had burgers and I had chicken wings. We all sat around drinking beer, checking out the waitresses and playing with our balls. It was totally my kind of dinner. While we were there I recieved a text from a friend of mine who was bartending at the local watering hole in Brigham. The text read:
"Your dad brought his guitar in and is playing tonight if you want to come in."

We paid our bill, gave the waitress a phone number to reach my brother from another mother on, and hauled ass back to town.

We made it to the bar just in time for my dad to put his guitar away. I guilted him into playing an electric guitar that had been left out. He played me my favorite song, Bojangles and a few new ones I hadn't heard him do.

Afterward we sat and visited with eachother over a beer. It was well past his bedtime once 8 o'clock rolled around so I kissed my old man on the cheek and joined my boys at the pool tables for a few competitave games of "Fuck your neighbor"

To sum it up Sunday was pretty much the balls. Thanks brudders, for making me, an only child feel like the luckiest sister in the world.

Mad love.