Tuesday, June 21, 2011

After the run it's the after party. After the party it's the hotel lobby.

I haven't had sweat drenched hair in over 72 hours.

I'm no longer chapped in places that have no business being chapped.

I've gotten to wear my pretty lacy bras and panties the last 3 days and smell like the Dillards perfume counter.

Last night I indulged in pizza, beer and sex until 11:00pm.

The best part of the race?

POST RACE.

Well, maybe carb loading. That was pretty neat too.

I actually had a really good time doing the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay. They say it's one of the hardest, yet funnest races out there.

My first run was in the heat of the day on Friday. I ran 3.2 miles in 31 minutes. I was feeling good afterward, and to be honest a little proud of my pace. I maintained a 9:39 minute mile, and ran my best pace of 7:13 during the 1st mile.

My second run took place at 2:30am Saturday morning along Echo Reservoir. I ran 10 miles, in the middle of the night with no van support along a rocky dirt path complete with bear sighting and all. I finished my 10 miles in one hour and 57 minutes. I managed a pace of 11 minute miles over the entire 10 miles. Some miles were under 10 minutes, some miles were 12 minutes. Overall I felt very proud to have ran the longest leg on the entire course in under two hours.

The third leg was just as I suspected. Pure hell on earth. Over a short 3.2 miles I climbed nearly 1500 feet in elevation. It's the 2nd steepest leg of the entire course, and the steepest only has it beat by a short 200 feet. It took everything I had. My mind was as focused as ever and I was completely jacked up knowing it was my last run, but after being up for 30 hours with no sleep and fatigued muscles from the previous 10 miles my body was all "Excuse me, bitch!?!"



I finished. I cried like a little bitch at the exchange point. Tears for every emotion possible. I was so happy to see my suburban full of misfits waiting for me. I was so tired and delirious and my body needed to rest.

Our team crossed the finish line in 37 hours.

We ran into a few problems, but we overcame them and finished. Everyone poured their heart, soul, strength and determination into this unbelievable race. I know I made personal sacrifices and pushed myself to lengths that I normally wouldn't have all in the name of Ragnar.

I met some complete badasses. Our driver Derek cracked me up the entire time. Derek's wife Jodi is one neat chick. A few of us showered together, baring our cash and prizes to God and everyone. Jodi even dropped the soap. Derek and Jodi flew back east to their home on Monday. They contacted me through a friend to let me know that next year, they want ME in their van with them. The feeling is totally mutual.

Speaking of complete badasses, I had 11 of my closest ones at the finish line to cheer me on. I can't even begin to describe the amount of support, love and true friendship that I felt that afternoon. I have some of the most amazing friends and family a girl could ever ask for.

They're there for me now matter what, where, who or how. They're genuine people through and through and I couldn't feel any luckier to be a part of each others lives.



Thank you to everyone for all of the humbling support you've given.

We all make a pretty damn good posse if you ask me.

Oh, and the after party was off the CHAIN.

Cheers to next year.