Friday, August 27, 2010

Man-o-risms.

I kind of have male-ish tendencies.

My neighbor called me a man last week and I've been thinking about that comment off and on.

It was in reference to how I had my drink mixed.


My ratio between whiskey and sprite zero was substantially in the whiskeys favor.


But I drink whiskey because I like the taste of it, and I'd rather taste whiskey than soda.


I don't even like soda.


But If you show up to neighbor night with a huge ol' motherfuckin' quart glass of just straight whiskey, it might look like you have a problem....



Aaaaaanyway

I've been thinking about this "Man comment" lately and I've come to realize that I pretty much am a dude trapped in a curvy, pudgy, bleedy lady body.


But who says all the things I like aren't girly?


If I like them, and I'm a girl.... then all the things that make me "mannish" should really, be girly! Right?


I mean, girls can drive motorcycles and weight lift and box and golf and shoot a mean pool game and prefer going to a dive bar for a burger and beer over a nice restaurant and like going to titty bars and like shooting guns and and and....


Hello, it's fucking 2010.


Besides, I have what society would dub as "girly tendencies" too....

I own a pair of spanks.

I have like... 549 different shades of lip gloss.

And I cried during Herbie fully loaded starring Lindsay Lohan.

I don't think I can get much more girly than that folks.