Monday, August 30, 2010

Five Years.

First it was going to be Hawaii.

Then it was going to be Australia.

Then Mexico.

Then Alaska.

Our 5th wedding anniversary was going to be the anniversary that we finally took our honeymoon.

Our big dream trip.

Instead?

We finally put sod down and a fence up in our back yard and saved up enough money for a romantic dinner at our favorite sushi restaurant.

Thanks a lot, shit bucket economy.

However, there was one thing in particular that really made our 5 year anniversary memorable.......


























The husband purchased this.

For me.

From New York.

New York is sentimental to us as a couple.

It's where we got engaged.

Right under the big Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center in Time Square.

He proposed with the perfect diamond ring. One that I don't wear very often.

Why?

Because I'm very hard on my hands.

Between washing them 9 billion times a day, weight lifting, bartending and punching things... It's best it stay on my night stand, perfect and unharmed.

No one wants soap scum, weight bar scratches or whiskey on their diamond.

However that leaves my wedding ring finger feeling very naked and noncommitted.

Husband told me I could wear this all the time and beat the hell out of it.

But to me it's almost as precious as my diamond.

It's silver. It's jaded. It's rough. It's unique.

It's perfect.



Thank you husband.

For being the most wonderful husband a girl could ever ask for.

You're brilliant, thoughtful, caring, halarious and handsome.

But more importantly you're mine.

I love you to the moon.

Forever and always.

One day we'll get our dream vacation. Until then, paradise, take your sandy beaches and mai tais and shove em!

We've got eachother.

And a fenced in back yard that we can totally fuck in.