Thursday, September 13, 2012

50

As promised, A POST! Actually I just figured out how to log back in to my blogger account and saw a draft that had been saved and never posted. Nibble on this while I try to find my sense of humor and writing skills back. I'm a little rusty. I had to hurry and wrap the end up since this post was started, oh, like FIVE MONTHS AGO. Don't judge. Enjoy. A couple weekends ago the annual family golf tournament extravaganza in Wendover was upon us. It was also the first year out of the last 3 that my Dad was able to join all of us heathens out in sinners land. Thursday night was fairly calm all things considered. We did our fair share of gambling and drinking but kept things geared down knowing Friday night all bets were off and everyone's balls go straight to the wall. Friday the guys went out to the course to finish up the last day of the tournament. I passed my morning with a killer workout, a hot shower and a few shots to start the day off right. Nothing says post workout recovery than a few hefty horns off a Whiskey bottle at noon. We made our way down to the bar where there's video blackjack and free drinks as far as the eye can see. As soon as our brains were good and numb we sat down at a real person black jack table where we actually all did quite well. It was getting later in the afternoon and it's our family tradition to be at the club house as the golfers are coming off the course. The club house also has a full bar. Is anyone seeing a pattern here? After our second double sauced bloody mary I noticed that there was a stranded golf cart just sitting there.... alllll by itseeeelf. It called to me. I slyly excused myself to go use the restroom and jetted outside to my awaiting chariot. My sister in law sensed my mischief and darted out behind me. After a short debate about what the repercussions might be if we were to actually get caught, it was pedal to the metal time. We headed out on to the course and the first group we came upon was my dads group. It was cold and they were shooting Goldschlager. We took a shot with them for "good luck" on their next hole. Besides we needed to get back on the road golf cart path. We had places to go and people to see. We drove around a few more holes and finally spotted some more familiar faces. My father in laws group. BINGO! We slurred our hello's and were then offered some Whiskey. In the spirit of all things Wendover and bad decisions we took full advantage. The ride back to the club house wasn't as cold. Mostly due to our whiskey glow. We put our cart in park and headed into the club house for a hot dog and a double Jack and coke. After all that driving around we were beginning to become parched. We sat and welcomed the golfers in one by one. From the sounds of it everyone had a really shitty round. Which is the perfect recipe for all men to contract PGM. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of experiencing PGM first hand, it's an acronym for "Pissy Golf mood" It's a semi common condition among males ages 17-99. If you or someone you know suffers from PGM please consult a doctor and swap out their daily vitamin dose with Valium. If the condition continues please consult a doctor on their behalf. They'll thank you later. The evening flared a bit and everyone found their happy place. My dad and inlaws hung out together. There was dancing, laughing and shots as far as I can remember into the night. It was so nice to hear my dads familiar and highly recognizable laugh in armpit of the Utah border. Another trip to log in the book that none of us can quite remember but surely none of us will ever forget.